In this practice, we take complaints very seriously indeed and try to ensure that all patients are pleased with their experience of our service. When patients complain, they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. This procedure is based on these objectives.
Our aim is to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our complaints about a service to be handled. We learn from every mistake that we make and we respond to patients’ concerns in a caring and sensitive way.
- The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service we provide is Penny Hedley-Smith or a delegated staff member.
- If a patient complains on the telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to his or her complaint and offer to refer him or her to Penny immediately. If Penny is not available at that time, then the patient will be told when she will be able to talk to them and arrangements will be made for this to happen. The member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on. If we cannot arrange this within a reasonable period or if the patient does not wish to discuss the matter, arrangements will be made for someone else to deal with it.
- If the patient complains in writing the letter will be passed on immediately to Penny Hedley-Smith.
- If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the dentist unless the patient does not want this to happen.
- We will acknowledge the patients’ complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice as soon as possible normally within two working days. We will seek to investigate the complaint within ten working days of the complaint being received to give an explanation of the circumstances which led to the complaint. If the patient does not wish to meet us, then we will attempt to talk to him or her on the telephone. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within ten working days we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigations will be completed.
- We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing to the patient immediately after completing our investigation.
- Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received.
- If patients are not satisfied with the result of our procedure then a complaint may be made to:
Consumer Credit Complaints.
The above code of practice will be followed by the practice, but in the event of an unresolved dispute, the patients’ complaint can be referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service. The ombudsman service will not consider a complaint until the patient has first complained directly the practice and we have been given the chance to put matters right.
Please contact the Practice by any of the following ways:
Dr. Penny Hedley-Smith
Clover Dental Care,
19 Grantham Road,
Or simply come into the practice and we will be happy to try and resolve the issue.
If you do have a complaint, please ask for a Complaint Form to fill out.